Leading to Change Community Event: Resilience in pressured and challenging times
This is a past event. Click here to download the Insights pack.
We continue to face challenging times across all sectors and now many people are also facing personal challenges as a result of the wider economic situation. Understanding how difficult this can be, we will look at how it’s more important than ever that we are intentional in how we lead ourselves in our responses and our connections with others.
“Our greatest glory is not that we never fail, but that we rise up each time we fall” – Confucius
With our contributors, we will explore how we can respond as individuals, as a team and as a whole-system across sectors, and face upcoming challenges and unknowns in our leadership practices.
Join our contributors to hear their stories and experiences
- Thomas Lamont – Senior Lecturer University of Dundee, Consultant and Clinical Lead Restorative Dentistry NHS Tayside, Scottish Clinical Leadership Fellow 2018-2019
- Louise Brownlow – Assistant Tenant Services Manager at Hillcrest Homes
With a focus on storytelling and reflections, our contributors will share how they have prepared for and coped with challenges and what the impact of responding respectfully and with compassion has meant for them and their colleagues. Collectively, we’ll explore what this means for us, in our own workplaces and in our day-to-day roles.
Click on our contributors’ names to find out more, including a short bio they prepared for this event.
Questions for us to consider:
- What certainty can we create to identify the actions that are within our control?
- How can we harness the power of relationships?
Resources for you to consider:
If you would like to consider this topic in advance of the event, we recommend any one of these three resources to read, watch or listen to. They are quite different and are offered as optional thought-provokers for those who like to get into the topic in advance. Click the title to find out more.
- Read – 7 mins – Whitepaper: the paradox of pressure
- Watch – 5.33 mins – Watch: Resilience resources for social work and social care workers
- Listen – 13.38 mins – Podcast: Sleep Tips to Increase Longevity and Improve Health