Diversity Coffee Connect Session 2 – Resilience with Compassion
This event is in the past, click here to download the Insights Pack.
The purpose of this programme is to provide a safe space for you to connect with others in connect with others within health, social work and social care sectors and explore the context of equality, diversity and inclusion together through informal conversations. Prior to each session, we would encourage you to look at the equality blogs to help kick starts the conversation.
The topic of this session will be Resilience with Compassion. We would like you to explore what these mean to you in the context of equality and diversity and how this does or does not take place in the areas that you work in.
Prior to this session, to help inform our conversations, we would encourage you to have a look at our two Equality blogs, linked to the theme of Resilience. Each blog should take approximately 5 minutes to read.
- Not an optional add on: Wellbeing and Diversity is core for leadership and delivery by Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care
- Understanding the Lower Paid Ethnic Minority Staff Inquiry by John Wilkes, Head of Scotland for the Equality and Human Rights Commission
Participants will be paired up in small groups and invited to have a conversation. Some questions to start the conversation could be:
- What does compassion mean to you?
- What does resilience mean to you?
- How do you build your own resilience and that of your team?
- How would recognising our differences enable compassion?
- Why is respecting each other including our differences important for the workforce?
- How do we support colleagues from diverse backgrounds in their roles?
During the session we will put a feedback form in the chat for you to complete during the session. We want to understand what came up in the conversation and any insights that you have.