Diversity Coffee Connect Session 1 – Authenticity
This is the very first Leading to Change Diversity Coffee Connect session. The purpose of this is to provide a safe space for you to connect with another person in the system and to explore an equality, diversity and inclusion theme together through informal conversations. Prior to each session, we would encourage you to look at the equality blogs to help kick start the conversation.
The theme for this session is Authenticity.
Authenticity means you’re true to your own personality, values, and spirit, regardless of the pressure that you’re under to act otherwise. Participants will be randomly paired up and invited to have a conversation.
Some questions to explore could be:
- What makes you unique (e.g., your race and ethnicity, your gender, your disability, your sexual orientation, your socio– economic background, your cultural identity etc.)
- Why is it important to bring your authentic self to work?
- How do you bring your unique self into your workplace?
- How do you support your colleagues to bring their unique self into your workplace?
- Have you experienced any barriers to bringing your unique self or witnessed colleagues facing barriers to bringing their unique self to work?
During the session we will put a feedback form in the chat for you to complete during the session. We want to understand what came up in the conversation and any insights that you have.