Home > Privacy
Privacy and Data Protection Notice
For the Leading to Change Website and the Leading to Change Web Application (App)
For the Website
For the App
The controller for the personal data gathered for Leading to Change is NHS Education for Scotland (NES). NES is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
Purpose of processing
We are gathering data to support a values-based leadership development, talent management and succession planning approach for NHS Scotland, social services and H&SCPs in Scotland. This purpose can be broken down as follows. Processing to:
- identify and develop exceptional leaders who will help to create the skills, behaviours and culture to realise the Health and Social Care delivery plan;
- help boards, HSCPs and local authorities to support and develop talent locally;
- review the outputs of moderation to inform decision making about mobilisation for national projects and for prioritisation for leadership development of participants at aspiring and existing director levels and above;
- gather contact details from all Leading to Change participants in order to communicate news and development offerings from the Leading to Change business group;
- evaluate the effectiveness of the Leading to Change approach to leadership development, talent management and succession planning and support continuous quality improvement of these activities in line with intended outcomes.
We will process the minimum necessary personal data in ways that are fair and lawful. Information collected includes*:
- Employee data, contact details, career history and career aspirations data;
- Self-assessment questionnaire results.
Moving through the Leading to Change application (‘app’) may involve you providing information via a variety of developmental assessments. These are hosted:
- Within the app: management assessment questionnaire; 360 degree feedback tool; career history; career development plan; career conversation summary; and the self-assessment questionnaire and career history noted above.
- Outwith the app: the Wave psychometric test is hosted on the Wave Platform. This tool is accessed via the Leading to Change app, but are provided by separate platforms with their own data protection mechanisms.
*We also ask for some special category data for equality and diversity monitoring.
NES as a data controller and a data processor, is required to have a legal basis when using personal information. For Leading to Change, our legal basis for processing your personal data is: consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your data by contacting us at:
email@example.com or via our Data Protection Officer who’s contacts details are below.
We will share personal data where appropriate and necessary with third parties such as employing NHS Board, HSCP, local authorities and other employers, educational institutions and regulatory and professional bodies. We will also share personal data where required by law.
For Leading to Change we will share your personal data with the project team hosted by NHS Education for Scotland. In addition, depending on how you progress through the Leading to Change App, we may share your personal data as follows:
- for employees of NHS Scotland (including those working in HSCPs) – with the named organisational development lead and HR Director within your employing NHS Scotland board.
- for employees of local authorities (including those working in HSCPs) – with the named organisational development lead and HR Director within your local authority within Scotland.
- for those participants at aspiring and existing director levels and above, we may also share your personal data with:
- The Office of the Chief Executive, NHS Scotland / Director General, Health and Social Care, Scottish Government.
We will share contact email addresses of all those logging in to the Leading to Change application with the Office of the Chief Executive, NHS Scotland / Director General, Health and Social Care, Scottish Government and the Leading to Change team hosted by NHS Education for Scotland – for the purposes of communicating news and development offerings relevant to Project Lift.
Aggregate (anonymous) data on Leading to Change uptake may be shared between participating organisations, and with Scottish Government, with management information restrictions in place. Some anonymised data on uptake may also be published.
We only keep your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal information was collected. We will hold personal data for 3 years after it is collected in the app. Personal data will be destroyed after this.
To learn more
To learn more about how your data is processed, information on your rights, and how to get in touch with our Data Protection Officer please see the NES main privacy notice at: https://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/privacy-and-data-protection.aspx