Diversity Coffee Connect Session 5 – How much do we really understand talent?
This event is in the past – click here to download the insights pack
‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to far, go together’
The purpose of this Leading to Change programme is to provide a safe space for you to connect with other people in the system and to explore an equality, diversity and inclusion theme together through informal conversations. Prior to each session, we would encourage you to look at the equality blogs to help kick start the conversation.
The theme for this session is allyship from the lens of workforce development. We would encourage you to explore ways to attract, develop, engage and retain talent from underrepresented communities.
There’s a huge amount of untapped talent out there but what makes it so hard to engage?
It is something that can be easy to do if you know how.
Participants will be paired up in small groups and invited to have a conversation. Some questions to explore could be:
- How have you engaged with underrepresented communities, either in service delivery or in workforce development?
- What barriers have you faced either as a member of an underrepresented group or someone who is trying to engage?
- When has this been successful?
- What conditions attract and retain talent from underrepresented communities?
- What could you do to help create these conditions?
During the session we will put a feedback form in the chat for you to complete during the session. We want to understand what came up in the conversation and any insights that you have.
Please ensure that you allow cookies in your browser to register on this MS Teams Webinar.