Discovery Events: Shaping our 4th series of Leadership Community Events
“The process you use to get to the future is the future you get”Myron Rogers
Come and shape our future leadership community events by joining our conversation. We are using a process that has brought us some amazing collaborations, contributions and conversations over the past 3 series and we believe that Myron Rogers (quoted above) was right – so we are using that same open and collaborative process to design our next series of events.
Purpose of this Session
Our community events were originally designed to bring communities of interest together; to connect the system across social work, social care, health and our third and voluntary sectors. Our community events are an opportunity to explore leadership, hear from real people, share learning and co-create practical ways forward – and to rediscover that there is more that connects us than separates us.
The more voices that join our conversation, the wider the engagement we have across our system and the more connections we create, and this brings a richer conversation and more opportunity to collaborate.
In this session you will join with:
- Sara Dewar and Claire MacFarlane who are leading on the design of our community events
- WingKei Mak, Dariane Hughes and Ailsa Martens – our expert support for tech, logistics and engagement
- Some of our facilitators for the series – Susan Nevill, Jenny McCusker, Michaela Pagani and Fiona Dee
What can you expect?
- 60 minutes of inclusive and open conversation, expertly facilitated by our Community Team
- A mix of interactive sessions together with some shared insights from our latest mini series
- Breakout sessions where you can share your views, thoughts and ideas and to be heard
- A safe space to be open and honest
- The opportunity to connect with others you may never have met before
Questions to consider
We know that time is precious and so to make the most of our time together we would encourage you to think about the questions below. These are to stimulate thoughts and ideas rather than homework!
If you have been to one or more events:
- What was of most use to you from attending an event?
- What did you most enjoy about these events?
- How did you feel when attending an event?
- What topics worked/provided most insight for you?
- What do you want to see more of?
- Did the events offer some time out to think about your own leadership and create a little space and time for your own development?
If you are new to our events and have not attended one yet:
- Why did you not sign up? topic / time / speakers / type of event
- If you signed up but couldn’t come, what were the blockers? What could we do to help?
- If you are completely to new this – what would you hope to see?
Click below to register for this free event .
You may also want to review some of our resources and past events with insights packs and recordings